Brighton, United Ki..., BN2 9SQ
Joined on September, 2012
Any day after 5PM
Up to 25 minutes away for no additional charge
Education- ITALIAN NATIVE SPEAKER
- Postgraduate in Modern Languages and Comparative Literature, University of Macerata, Italy. First Class with honours with distinction.
Degree in Spanish and English which included the writing of an experimental dissertation on the teaching of foreign languages.
- Awarded a scholarship to Dalhousie University, Halifax (NS), Canada. Exchange student.
- Awarded a Socrates Erasmus scholarship to the University of León, Spain.
- Bachelor degree in Modern Languages, University of Macerata, Italy. Languages studied: English and Spanish. Thorough background in translation. First class honours with distinction.
Experience- Certification TESOL (Trinity College).British Study Centres, Brighton, UK.
- Translator (Italian-English) at Istituto Salesiano (state secondary school), Italy.
Publications: The Schola Palatina and The Carolingian Renaissance in Val di Chienti, by Giovanni Carnavale.
- Private English and Spanish teacher for 2 years. Taylor made one-to-one and group courses addressed to both young learners and adults.
- Internship: Italian Language Tutor at Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia, Canada.
I prepared original and book based lessons with the aim of improving their language skills. Furthermore, during this period I also offered my assistance to students in need of help with their written assignments. I played a key role in preparing students for their final exams.
- Free-lance interpreter (Italian-English) at Office 1 Superstore and Nuovo Spazio Studio Danza, Italy.
Interpreter (Italian-English) for John-Shen (China), stationary supplier and dance examiners from the Royal Academy Dance School of London.
HobbiesI am an Italian native speaker and a creative person who enjoys cooking, knitting, sewing and making jewellery. I am also a musician and have been involved in organising music events. I am a member of the Transition Towns Group, an environmental organisation concerned with promoting greater sustainability within towns and cities.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.